Tuesday 17 November 1931
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Nora and Véra Belmont.
Corsair, directed by Roland West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Ruth Kerner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 November 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1931!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1931 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Pierre Nora: French historian elected to the Académie Française on 7 June 2001.
- Véra Belmont
- Robert Bober
- Jean-Pierre Babelon: French historian, curator of the National Archives.
- Connie Grippo: American astrologer, a member of ISAR.
- Gregory Luna: American politician who served as a Democrat in both the Texas House of Representatives and the Texas Senate for the 14 years from 1985 to 1999.
- Bradman scores 135 NSW vs. South Africa, 128 mins, 15 fours