Monday 2 November 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Barray and Gerard Barray.
The Champ, directed by Wallace Beery, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while Shadows on the Rock by Willa Cather was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1931!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1931 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Gérard Barray: French actor, he made his screen debut in 1955 in "The Infiltrator.
- Gerard Barray: Toulouse Actor.
- Phil Woods: American saxophonist composer and bandleader (d. 2015).
- Arthur James Cook: Union leader (coal miners), dies at 47.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?