Monday 30 November 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Sheldon in Jacksonville and Jack Ging in Alva.
Arrowsmith, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while Shadows on the Rock by Willa Cather was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1931!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1931 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Jack Sheldon in Jacksonville: Florida, USA; actor (Run Buddy Run, Merv Griffin).
- Jack Ging in Alva: Oklahoma, USA; actor (11th Hour, Ripcord, Tales of Wells Fargo).
- Gordon Liddy: American government official, lawyer, politician and author.
- Jack Sheldon: American musician, a trumpet player with the Mort Lindsey Orchestra on TV's "The Merv Griffin Show.
- Margot Zemach: American artist, a children's book illustrator.
- Jean-Franéois Chiappe: Laon Journalist
- Jack Ging: Alva, Oklahoma -- Actor (11th Hour, Ripcord, Tales of Wells Fargo)
- Bill Walsh: American football player and coach (d. 2007)
- Crystal Palace in Hyde Park London destroyed by fire
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1931 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?