Thursday 6 November 2003
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 6, 2003). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Be Faithful by Fatman Scoop featuring The Crooklyn Clan was in the top 5 hits.
Oldboy, directed by Chan-wook Park, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Babylon Rising by Tim LaHaye and Greg Dinallo was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cena Aberta.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing December When There Is No Angel or Cabela's Dangerous Hunts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 November 2003
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 2003!
Which were the important events of 6 November 2003 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 November
- Weather is an unseasonably warm 18 degrees c in London Heathrow Airport
- A Foxborough company, Cyberkinetics Inc, plans to asks permission from United States federal regulators to test a device that would enable paralyzed people to control computers directly with their brains or possibly help them move their limbs.
- Scientists report to United States senators the potential to find energy on the moon. Solar power from the moon could provide clean, affordable, and sustainable electric power.
- An intruder attempts to insert a Trojan horse program into the code of the next version of the Linux kernel, stored at a publicly accessible source-code repository database. Security features of the BitKeeper system detect the illicit changes within 24 hours. The changes, which would have introduced a security flaw to the kernel, never became a part of the Linux code.
- The United States will focus its foreign policy on bringing democracy to all peoples of the Middle East. In a major policy speech, US President George W. Bush states that some states people of the region should have responsible democratic leaders, announcing a new American ampquotforward strategy of freedom in the Middle East.ampquot Bush states a failure to establish democracy in Iraq would embolden terrorists around the world, increase the danger to the US, and extinguish the hopes of
- War on Terrorism: Suspected al Qaeda member tried unsuccessfully to enter the country around the same time as the September 11 hijackers may have been part of a plan to launch other attacks on targets in the United States. Identities of the suspects were discovered after a comparison of visa applications received before September 11 with names recovered from documents seized in caves in Afghanistan. Roger Cressey, former director for counterterrorism for the National Security Council, states
- Also in the United States, New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer is reported ready to take further action in widening mutual fund investigations.
- SCO v. IBM: Lawyers representing SCO Group in intellectual property litigation stand to benefit significantly if the company settles lawsuits or is sold.
- In the United Kingdom, the Prince of Wales issues a denial of an unspecified allegation whose publication has been prohibited by court injunction granted against the ''Mail on Sunday'' tabloid newspaper. The injunction had been granted to one former Royal Aide, but earlier today ''The Guardian'' newspaper had been granted permission to name a person who had sought an injunction. Sir Michael Peat, the Prince's Private Secretary who issues the Prince's statement, attacks the person who had made
- A book reveals the details of the capture and captivity of Jessica Lynch. She was treated brutally (resulting in Lynch's shattered body) and, says medical records, confirm she was anally raped. The book says some Iraqi doctors said Lynch was virtually dead.
- The U.S. nickel design changes for the first time since 1938.
- In the United States, NPR is given , bequeathed by Joan B. Kroc, the widow of Ray Kroc, the founder of McDonalds.
- The Bank of England increases base interest rate 0.25% to 3.75% in an attempt to damp down rising consumer borrowing. This is the first increase in base rate for four years.
- In Rwanda, four former government ministers go on trial on charges of masterminding genocide in 1994.
- Occupation of Iraq:
- The Marines will be returning.
- The first Polish soldier is killed in Iraq.
- A CNN/USA Today Gallup poll suggests that support for President Bush's handling of Iraq is slipping a majority of the people polled disapprove of what is being done.
- In Seattle, Washington, the text of Gary Ridgway's (ampquotGreen River Killerampquot) confession is released.
- In Brisbane, Australia, the criminal convictions of controversial right wing politicians Pauline Hanson and David Etteridge for electoral fraud, were completely overturned on appeal
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2003 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Stand Up - Ludacris Featuring Shawnna
- Ashanti - Rain On Me
- Baby Boy - Beyonce Featuring Sean Paul
- Holidae In - Chingy Featuring Ludacris & Snoop Dogg
- Damn! - YoungBloodZ Featuring Lil Jon
- R. Kelly - Step In The Name Of Love
- Jagged Edge - Walked Outta Heaven
- OutKast Featuring Sleepy Brown - The Way You Move
- Get Low - Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz Featuring Ying Yang Twins
- R. Kelly - Thoia Thoing
Top #10 Latin songs
- Gloria Estefan - Hoy
- Te Necesito - Luis Miguel
- Antes - Obie Bermudez
- Un Siglo Sin Ti - Chayanne
- Nomas Por Tu Culpa - Los Huracanes del Norte
- Mientes Tan Bien - Sin Bandera
- Quiero Perderme En Tu Cuerpo - David Bisbal
- Fotografia - Juanes With Nelly Furtado
- Ave Cautiva - Conjunto Primavera
- No Hace Falta - Cristian
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?