Sunday 23 November 2003
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Be Faithful by Fatman Scoop featuring The Crooklyn Clan was in the top 5 hits.
Timeline, directed by Richard Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Warrior Women with Lucy Lawless.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Black Mirror or Cabela's Dangerous Hunts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 2003!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 23 November 2003 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 November
- Georgian president Eduard Shevardnadze resigns following weeks of mass protests over flawed elections.
- A US military helicopter crashes near Bagram, Afghanistan, killing five soldiers and wounding seven.
- Indian newspapers reported on the results of an in-depth
- ''Chrono Crusade'' premieres on Showtime Beyond.
- A BBC ''Correspondent'' programme, based on computer-generated images, suggests that the Warren Commission's controversial magic bullet theory, in which is was claimed that the same bullet hit President John F. Kennedy and Governor John Connally during Kennedy's assassination in 1963, was correct. Using state of the art computer generated images based on the Zapruder film, the programme concludes that a lone gunman could have shot Kennedy. ABC News and Court TV arrived at a similar conclusion
- Beleaguered Georgian President Eduard Shevardnadze resigns. Elections will be in 45 days, but until then, Nino Burdzhanadze will be the acting president.
- Nationalist party HDZ appears set to beat the ruling centre-left coalition in Croatia's general election.
- EADS, the largest European aircraft company, is doing preliminary work on a hypersonic passenger aircraft that would take the place of the recently retired Concorde the planning includes collaboration with Japanese firms and Ministry of International Trade and Industry.
- The ''New York Times'' reports that the Federal Bureau of Investigation is actively monitoring and gathering intelligence on anti-war protest movements' activities, ostensibly to detect possible terrorist activity. Opponents such as the American Civil Liberties Union criticize the practice as regressionary to the days of J. Edgar Hoover's intense monitoring of private organizations for potential communist links.
- The People's Republic of China plans to start tests of a SARS vaccine on humans by the end of December trials with monkeys show that the vaccine was effective.
- 10,000 trade unionists, environmentalists, and farm workers march in Miami to protest against the Free Trade Area of the Americas expansion meeting. Other street protests erupt into violent confrontations with police several times throughout the day. Protester sources indicate upwards of 250 protesters incarcerated, along with reports of physical and sexual assault while in custody. Other demonstrations take place in cities throughout the Americas.
- Occupation of Iraq:
- Three US troops are killed in Iraq, two of them in a civilian vehicle in Mosul and the third in a roadside bombing in Baquba. A mob desecrates the bodies of the Mosul victims and loots their gear.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 November 2003
Serie AItalian Football
- Ancona - Brescia : 1 - 1
- Bologna - Roma : 0 - 4
- Chievo - Milan : 0 - 2
- Empoli - Parma : 1 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Cercle Brugge - Gent : 1 - 0
- Louvieroise - Antwerp : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Freiburg - Ein Frankfurt : 1 - 0
- Kaiserslautern - Hertha : 4 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Ein Trier - Oberhausen : 0 - 3
- Greuther Furth - Cottbus : 2 - 1
- Regensburg - Ahlen : 3 - 0
- Unterhaching - Karlsruhe : 3 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?