Friday 7 November 2003
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, directed by Peter Weir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Interscope Presents 'The Next Episode'.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu or Battle Engine Aquila.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 2003!
Which were the important events of 7 November 2003 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 November
- 57% of Poles oppose the mission in Iraq as the first Polish soldier dies.
- Vietnam War vets comment on the worrisome parallels between Vietnam and Iraq.
- Occupation of Iraq:
- Turkey announces it will not send troops to Iraq.
- With the Turkish announcement, there are 24,000 non-American troops in Iraq, but almost half of them are British.
- Jessica Lynch accuses the US military of manipulating news about her capture, treatment and release for propaganda purposes. She also states that she has no memory of the supposed anal rape which a former ''New York Times'' reporter claims in a book that she was subjected to.
- United States Army Black Hawk helicopter crashes near Tikrit. Six soldiers are killed. All of the dead are from the 101st Airborne. It is unknown if the craft went down because of mechanical failure or hostile fire. Reportedly, a military source says it may have been hit by a rocket-propelled grenade.
- A monitoring panel states to the United Nations Security Council tells of violations of the arms embargo against Somalia have taken place over a six-month period and the weapons are arriving now continuously in many small quantities (while large quantities arrive less often).
- In Pakistan, President Pervez Musharraf pledges that Pakistan will match India's military spending spree.
- Medical marijuana: The largest study to date on the effectiveness of cannabis treating symptoms of multiple sclerosis produces mixed results doctors state that there is enough evidence to warrant licensing the treatment for the illness.
- Foreign relations of the Republic of China: The South Pacific island nation of Kiribati recognizes the Republic of China, bringing the number of countries recognizing Taiwan to 27. Although it has not yet severed ties with the People's Republic of China and has expressed the intention to continue relations, Beijing is expected to break relations in response to this move.
- Some Arab scholars state Bush's speech over how ampquot''Western governments should not back undemocratic regimes''ampquot is an important message to the Arab political elite and important message when it comes to the idea of democracy.
- The United States Senate's permanent ban on Internet access taxes fails, with senators vowing to negotiate over the weekend and return to the topic. State and local governments warn that a permanent extension of an existing moratorium, which expired on November 1, would cost billions in lost tax revenue. The moratorium had applied to special taxes that singled out dial-up and some other Internet access methods and is not related to sales taxes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 7 November 2003
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Gent - Genk : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Mainz - Greuther Furth : 1 - 3
- Oberhausen - Regensburg : 2 - 1
- Osnabruck - Ein Trier : 3 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- St Etienne - Istres : 0 - 0
- Vitesse - Willem II : 2 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?