Friday 14 November 2003
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Be Faithful by Fatman Scoop featuring The Crooklyn Clan was in the top 5 hits.
Timeline, directed by Richard Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Eating Media Lunch.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blue's Clues Kindergarten or Day of Defeat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 2003!
Which were the important events of 14 November 2003 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 November
- Astronomers Michael E. Brown, Chad Trujillo, and David L. Rabinowitz discover 90377 Sedna, a Trans-Neptunian object.
- 2003 California recall: California Secretary of State Kevin Shelley officially certifies the recall election and he declares Arnold Schwarzenegger the Governor-Elect. The swearing-in is set to take at PST on Monday November 17 on the steps of the State Capitol in Sacramento, California.
- Four former heads of Israel's internal security criticise the policies of the right wing Likud-led government of Ariel Sharon towards Palestinians and say the policies if not changed would see Israel ampquotheaded for (an) abyssampquot. The four headed the security services for two decades between 1980 and 2000.
- In Paris over 40,000 people participate in the European Social Forum.
- Attempting to calm fears that the recent takeover of oil giant YUKOS will mean a return to the era of a state-managed economy, Russian president Vladimir Putin tells Russian businessmen that the government is not planning to take control of the economy.
- Politics of Canada: Paul Martin is elected leader of the Liberal Party. He becomes Prime Minister-designate and will assume office upon Jean Chrétien's retirement by the end of February 2004.
- The US trade deficit with the People's Republic of China hit a record USD $12.7 billion in September, with imports from mainland China also a record at set in 2002.
- Occupation of Iraq:
- During his visit to London, President Bush plans to meet the families of UK troops killed in Iraq.
- Two US troops are killed near Samarra when their vehicle is blown up.
- Pentagon bans cameras at funerals in Arlington National Cemetery. Coverage of bodies arriving at Dover Air Force Base is already banned.
- Economy of Japan: Japan's economy grows 0.6% in Q3 to give the seventh quarter of growth after a long recession.
- War on Terrorism: A leaked UN report claims that attempts to cut off the flow of funds to al-Qaeda are being undermined by lack of will.
- Politics of Germany: German opposition party CDU votes to expel Member of Parliament Martin Hohmann after he made a speech that was widely criticised for being anti-Semitic.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 November 2003
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?