Saturday 8 November 2003
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louise Mountbatten-Windsor and Louise Windsor.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Be Faithful by Fatman Scoop featuring The Crooklyn Clan was in the top 5 hits.
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, directed by Peter Weir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Hello, Darkness by Sandra Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Interscope Presents 'The Next Episode'.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Drake of the 99 Dragons or Apprentice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
What the sky looked like on 8 November 2003
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 2003!
Which were the important events of 8 November 2003 ?
- Louise Mountbatten-Windsor
- Louise Windsor: British royalty, first child of Prince Edward and Sophie Rhys-Jones, known as the Earl and Countess of Wessex and seventh grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II.
- In Pakistan, ''United Press International'' reports a letter sent to members of the opposition in Pakistan on a military letterhead causes panic in President Pervez Musharraf's government because it says he ampquothas been imposed on this nation.ampquot The letter reportedly states that ampquot''We want to assure the nation that this army belongs to you and to Pakistannbsp... Pervez Musharraf and his clique has been imposed on this nation''ampquot.
- The All Blacks defeat South Africa in the first quarter final of the rugby World Cup.
- Occupation of Iraq:
- Two US paratroopers are killed west of Baghdad.
- US forces bomb homes in Tikrit, following the shooting down of a helicopter. Iraqi and American rights investigators state to a conference they had identified 260 mass graves containing the bodies of at least 300,000 Iraqis murdered by Saddam's regime.
- Debate intensifies about the choices the U.S. faces in devising a strategy for Iraq.
- The International Red Cross, which was already planning to reduce staff in Iraq following a deadly attack on its Baghdad headquarters, states it is temporarily closing its Baghdad and Basra offices due to dangerous conditions.
- Much work is still needed to win over hearts-and-minds in Iraq.
- British scientists develop a gel that allows wounds to heal in the half the time it took formerly the gel speeds wound closure and reduces inflammation.
- Germany's upper house rejects controversial economic policy changes (tax cuts and changes to labour law) aimed at kick-starting Europe's largest economy. Social Democrat Chancellor Gerhard Schröder has invested much political capital in the reforms, but they are opposed by many labour unions and left-wing politicians.
- An expert says that the AIDS epidemic in the People's Republic of China is reaching major proportions.
- North Korea nuclear weapons program: The CIA says North Korea already has one or two nuclear devices and does not need to test them to confirm they are viable.
- Faced with a hazardous-waste crisis, The Pentagon is pushing to exempt itself from United States environmental laws.
- The longest U.S. hiring slump in more than 60 years appears to be ending.
- War on Terrorism: The Commission set up to investigate the September 11, 2001, attacks votes to serve a subpoena on the North American Aerospace Defense Command but rejects a proposal to subpoena the daily counter-intelligence briefings that the CIA receives from the president. After a series of field inquiries and interviews with NORAD personnel, commission staff realize that the materials NORAD had provided were incomplete.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 November 2003
Serie AItalian Football
- Brescia - Bologna : 0 - 0
- Sampdoria - Empoli : 2 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Antwerp - Cercle Brugge : 2 - 2
- Heusden Zolder - Germinal : 2 - 0
- Louvieroise - Lokeren : 3 - 2
- St Truiden - Lierse : 3 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bochum - FC Koln : 4 - 0
- Ein Frankfurt - Stuttgart : 0 - 2
- Freiburg - Wolfsburg : 3 - 2
- Hamburg - Munich 1860 : 3 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Bilbao - Espanol : 1 - 0
- La Coruna - Sociedad : 2 - 1
- Zaragoza - Celta : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2003 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Stand Up - Ludacris Featuring Shawnna
- Ashanti - Rain On Me
- Baby Boy - Beyonce Featuring Sean Paul
- Holidae In - Chingy Featuring Ludacris & Snoop Dogg
- Damn! - YoungBloodZ Featuring Lil Jon
- R. Kelly - Step In The Name Of Love
- Jagged Edge - Walked Outta Heaven
- OutKast Featuring Sleepy Brown - The Way You Move
- Get Low - Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz Featuring Ying Yang Twins
- R. Kelly - Thoia Thoing
Top #10 Latin songs
- Gloria Estefan - Hoy
- Te Necesito - Luis Miguel
- Antes - Obie Bermudez
- Un Siglo Sin Ti - Chayanne
- Nomas Por Tu Culpa - Los Huracanes del Norte
- Mientes Tan Bien - Sin Bandera
- Quiero Perderme En Tu Cuerpo - David Bisbal
- Fotografia - Juanes With Nelly Furtado
- Ave Cautiva - Conjunto Primavera
- No Hace Falta - Cristian
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?