Friday 6 October 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Welcome To The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance was in the top 5 hits.
Stranger Than Fiction, directed by Marc Forster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Ricochet by Sandra Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hwang Jin Yi.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing CivCity: Rome or X-Men: The Official Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 2006!
Which were the important events of 6 October 2006 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 October
- Hazardous waste plant near Apex, North Carolina explodes releasing chlorine gas, resulting in the evacuation of thousands and the hospitalization of over 100 residents.
- President Bush has declared space to be essential to US defence in a new National Space Policy document. Not only has the United States declared that it has rights in space, but, if necessary, it will deny its adversaries access to space if those adversaries seek to impede those rights. The new policy was agreed upon in August but the document was not released until 6 October. See Wikinewsn:US declares vital interest in space
- A truce is called in Bolivia after a dynamite battle between rival groups of tin miners kills 16 people in the department of Oruro, with another 60 people injured. President Evo Morales sacks his mining minister for not anticipating the violence. (ABC News Australia)
- Negotiators from the European Union and the United States reach a deal on sharing trans-Atlantic passenger data used in anti-terrorism investigations. (The Independent)
- The Roman Catholic Church's Theological Commission are reviewing the teaching of ''limbus infantium'' (limbo for infants who died before being baptised) and may recommend to Pope Benedict XVI that it be amended. (BBC)
- The new Swedish Prime Minister, Fredrik Reinfeldt, presents his new cabinet. (BBC)
- 2006 Southeast Asian haze: Smoke from fires in western Indonesia causes air quality and visibility to plummet to unhealthy levels in neighboring Malaysia. (AP via CNN)
- NASA releases close-up photos taken by the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter of the planet Mars revealing its hidden, oceanic past. (The Times (UK))
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 October 2006
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Forest Green - Oxford : 1 - 5
- Rushden & D - Stevenage : 2 - 2
- Woking - Burton : 0 - 0
- York - Aldershot : 1 - 0
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Bournemouth - Northampton : 0 - 0
- Doncaster - Oldham : 1 - 1
- Swansea - Tranmere : 0 - 0
- Yeovil - Cheltenham : 0 - 1
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Chester - Walsall : 0 - 0
- Darlington - Rochdale : 0 - 5
- Lincoln - Hartlepool : 2 - 0
- Milton Keynes Dons - Peterboro : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?