Monday 6 September 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Resident Evil: Afterlife, directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching JonTron.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem or Pac-Man Championship Edition DX.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 6 September 2010 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 September
- At least seventeen people are killed and forty others injured after a suicide bomber attacks a Pakistan police station in the town of Lakki Marwat in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. (Al Arabiya)
- The number of deaths for members of the International Security Assistance Force in the War in Afghanistan reaches 500 for the first 9 months of 2010 as opposed to 521 for all of 2009. (Reuters)
- Alfredo Pérez Rubalcaba, Spain's Interior Minister, dismisses ETA's ceasefire offer as insufficient for a peace process. (CNN)
- New Zealand Army soldiers begin providing security at the centre of Christchurch following the 2010 Canterbury earthquake as a state of emergency is extended until Wednesday. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- Over fifty-thousand Australians have been placed on evacuation alert in the Australian state of Victoria in eleven towns since Saturday due to the 2010 Victorian floods. (AFP via ''The West Australian'')
- Emergency teams in Guatemala resume rescue efforts after mudslides bury dozens of people. (BBC)
- 2010 Atlantic hurricane season: Tropical Storm Hermine slams into northern Mexico near the border with Texas. (Reuters via Swiss Info)
- North Korea announces it will release seven detained Chinese and South Korean fishermen. (Al Jazeera)
- Bernard Kouchner, the French Minister of Foreign Affairs, and the Vatican offer to assist Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani sentenced to death by stoning for adultery in Iran. (BBC)
- Avigdor Lieberman, the Israeli Foreign Affairs Minister and leader of the Yisrael Beitenu Party says that it will block any proposal to extend a freeze on settlements on the West Bank. (Voice of America)
- China investigates the qualifications of all its commercial pilots after 200 of them had falsified their résumés. (''China Daily'')
- Two Greenpeace activists are given suspended sentences in Japan for stealing whale meat. (AP)
- Bahrain charges 23 Shia Muslim activists with terrorism and attempting to overthrow the government. (Bahrain News Agency)
- Vlad Filat, the Prime Minister of Moldova, concedes defeat on a referendum proposal for direct election of the President of Moldova. (BBC)
- France prepares for a general strike over reform to pensions with two million people expected to participate. (''The Telegraph'')
- Former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Tony Blair cancels a London book signing for his memoir, ''A Journey,'' because of protests by the British National Party and anti-Iraq War demonstrators. (''The Guardian'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?