Thursday 6 September 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Annika Lurz and Brandon Silvestry.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Sharona by The Knack.
In UK We Don't Talk Anymore by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Time After Time, directed by Nicholas Meyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Read All About It!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cutie Q or Auto Racing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1979!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 September 1979 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Annika Lurz
- Brandon Silvestry: American professional wrestler.
- Carlos Adrian Morales: Mexican footballer.
- Mike Arnaoutis: Greek boxer.
- Foxy Brown: American rapper and actress (The Firm).
- Low Ki: American wrestler.
- Massimo Maccarone: Italian footballer.
- Carlos Morales: Mexican footballer.
- Ronald Binge: Composer, dies at 69.
- Peter Pan opens at Lunt-Fontanne Theater NYC for 578 performances
- Nicaragua and Uganda recognize the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Chic - Good Times
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
- Electric Light Orchestra - Don't Bring Me Down
- Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
- Maxine Nightingale - Lead Me On
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Barbra Streisand - The Main Event & Fight
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
- Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 September 1979
- Los Angeles Rams - Denver Broncos : 13 - 9
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?