Monday August 07, 1978
US date format: 8/7/1978, UK date format: 7/8/1978
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 7, 1978). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was James Callaghan (Labour).
Famous people born on this day include Alexandre Aja and Jamey Jasta.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Three Times A Lady by Commodores.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Force 10 from Navarone, directed by Guy Hamilton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
On TV people were watching Ausgerissen! Was nun?.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Santa Paravia en Fiumaccio or Depth Charge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 07, 1978?
- Eddie Mathews, Addie Joss, and Larry MacPhail inducted to Hall of Fame
- Thousands of mourners file past body of Pope Paul VI
- Franz Alphons Wolpert: Composer, dies at 60.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 07, 1978?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Commodores - Three Times A Lady
- Frankie Valli - Grease
- Donna Summer - Last Dance
- The Rolling Stones - Miss You
- Foreigner - Hot Blooded
- Taste Of Honey, A - Boogie Oogie Oogie
- Pablo Cruise - Love Will Find A Way
- Barry Manilow - Copacabana (At The Copa)
- Walter Egan - Magnet And Steel
- Andy Gibb - An Everlasting Love
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?