Monday 28 August 1978
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jess Margera .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Grease by Frankie Valli.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Piranha, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
On TV people were watching Keménykalap és krumpliorr.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Sky Diver or Casino.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1978!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1978 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Jess Margera: American drummer (CKY Foreign Objects Viking Skull and The Company Band).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 August 1978
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Valli - Grease
- Commodores - Three Times A Lady
- Taste Of Honey, A - Boogie Oogie Oogie
- Foreigner - Hot Blooded
- Olivia Newton-John - Hopelessly Devoted To You
- The Rolling Stones - Miss You
- Exile - Kiss You All Over
- Andy Gibb - An Everlasting Love
- Walter Egan - Magnet And Steel
- Evelyn Champagne King - Shame
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?