Tuesday 22 August 1978
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Corden and Jeff Stinco.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Grease by Frankie Valli.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Piranha, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3-D Docking Mission or Star Ship.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1978!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 August 1978 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- James Corden: Comedian.
- Jeff Stinco: Canadian musician (Simple Plan).
- Mathieu Hanotin
- Irandhir Santos
- Ioannis Gagaloudis: Greek basketball player.
- Giannis Gagaloudis: Greek basketball player.
- Ed Petrie: British television presenter.
- Robert Been: American singer and guitarist (Black Rebel Motorcycle Club).
- Ignazio Silone: Italian Author (Fontamara, Pane e vino), dies at 78.
- Sandinistas occupy National Palace in Managua Nicaragua
- The Frente Sandinista de Liberacion or FSLN occupies national palace in Nicaragua.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Valli - Grease
- Commodores - Three Times A Lady
- The Rolling Stones - Miss You
- Taste Of Honey, A - Boogie Oogie Oogie
- Foreigner - Hot Blooded
- Pablo Cruise - Love Will Find A Way
- Olivia Newton-John - Hopelessly Devoted To You
- Walter Egan - Magnet And Steel
- Andy Gibb - An Everlasting Love
- Donna Summer - Last Dance
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?