Friday 4 August 1978
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kurt Busch and Jeremy Adduono.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Miss You by The Rolling Stones.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Piranha, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Spearhead.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Basketball or Brain Games.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1978!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1978 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Kurt Busch: American race car driver.
- Jeremy Adduono: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Luke Allen: American baseball player.
- Victor Beliciu: Romanian sitar player.
- Mick Cain: American actor.
- Agnė Eggerth: Lithuanian sprinter
- Ibán Espadas: Spanish footballer
- Shaunard Harts: American football player
- Satoshi Hino: American-Japanese voice actor
- Benet Kaci: Kosovan journalist and singer
- Jon Knott: American baseball player
- Karine Legault: Canadian swimmer
- Duane Ludwig: American mixed martial artist and kick-boxer
- Sandeep Naik: Indian politician
- Danish Nawaz: Pakistani actor and director
- Siri Nordby: Norwegian footballer
- JD Samson: American DJ and producer (Le Tigre MEN and The New England Roses)
- Ricardo Serrano: Spanish cyclist
- Per-Åge Skrøder: Norwegian ice hockey player
- Michail Stifunin: Russian ice dancer
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 August 1978
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?