Tuesday 8 August 1978
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laurence Bonnafous and Louis Saha.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Three Times A Lady by Commodores.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Piranha, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Spearhead.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Cottage or Tournament Table.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1978!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1978 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Laurence Bonnafous: French homicide victim who was shot to death at the age of 13 on 5/13/1992, 3:50 PM, Toulouse along with her sister and mother by her psychiatrist father, Lysian, who then shot and killed himself.
- Louis Saha: French former professional footballer who capped 20 times for the French national team and scored four goals.
- Countess Vaughn: American actress and singer.
- Alan Maybury: Irish footballer and coach.
- Miho Shiraishi: Japanese actress.
- Pioneer-Venus 2 with five atmospheric probes launched toward Venus.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 August 1978
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Commodores - Three Times A Lady
- Frankie Valli - Grease
- Donna Summer - Last Dance
- The Rolling Stones - Miss You
- Foreigner - Hot Blooded
- Taste Of Honey, A - Boogie Oogie Oogie
- Pablo Cruise - Love Will Find A Way
- Barry Manilow - Copacabana (At The Copa)
- Walter Egan - Magnet And Steel
- Andy Gibb - An Everlasting Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?