Thursday 10 August 1978
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alison Folland and Oliver Petszokat.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Three Times A Lady by Commodores.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Piranha, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
On TV people were watching Spearhead.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Starfleet Orion or The Cottage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1978!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 August 1978 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Alison Folland: American actress who landed her first movie role in 1995 ("To Die For") and has since been seen on TV and in other movies including minor roles in "Good Will Hunting" and "Boys Don't Cry.
- Oliver Petszokat
- Doug Autels: Skateboarder.
- Danny Allsopp: Australian footballer.
- Marcus Fizer: American basketball player.
- Chris Read: English cricketer.
- Claire Yiu: Hong Kong model and actress.
- Daniel Allsopp: Australian footballer.
- Three members of the Ulrich family are killed in an accident. This leads to the Ford Pinto litigation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Commodores - Three Times A Lady
- Frankie Valli - Grease
- Donna Summer - Last Dance
- The Rolling Stones - Miss You
- Foreigner - Hot Blooded
- Taste Of Honey, A - Boogie Oogie Oogie
- Pablo Cruise - Love Will Find A Way
- Barry Manilow - Copacabana (At The Copa)
- Walter Egan - Magnet And Steel
- Andy Gibb - An Everlasting Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?