Saturday 5 August 1978
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kristin Link and Lorrie Fair.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Miss You by The Rolling Stones.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Piranha, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Spearhead.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Race - Spin-out - Cryptogram (Europe) Speedway / Spin-out / Cryptologic (US) or Canyon Bomber.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1978!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1978 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Kristin Link: Fairfax, Virginia -- Diver (1996 Olympics).
- Lorrie Fair: Los Altos, California -- Soccer defender (1996 Olympics).
- Kim Gevaert: Belgian sprinter athlete, she won a gold medal at the European championship.
- Cosmin Bărcăuan: Romanian footballer and manager.
- Carolina Duer: Argentinian boxer.
- New Orleans Saints beat Philadelphia Eagles 14-7 in Mexico City (NFL expo).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?