Monday 7 August 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 7, 1933). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry [Eugene] Pournelle and Eddie Firmani.
Skyway, directed by Lewis D. Collins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 August 1933
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1933 ?
- Jerry [Eugene] Pournelle: United States -- Sci-fi author (Mercenary, Red Dragon).
- Eddie Firmani: South African football player and coach.
- Elinor Ostrom: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2012).
- Jerry Pournelle: American journalist and author.
- The Simele massacre: The Iraqi Government slaughters over 3,000 Assyrians in the village of Sumail. The day becomes known as Assyrian Martyrs Day.
- Simele massacre: More than 3,000 Assyrian Iraqis are killed by Iraq government troops.