Saturday 7 July 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roz Ryan and Roz Ryan in Detroit.
Strangers on a Train, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Foundling by Francis Cardinal Spellman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hollywood Opening Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1951 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Roz Ryan: Detroit, Michigan -- Actress (Amelia-Amen, Occupied).
- Roz Ryan in Detroit: Michigan, USA; actress (Amelia - Amen).
- Jean-Yves Pellay: French political activist involved in the bombing directed against the synagogue of the French Israeli Liberal Union which was committed in Paris at 6:38PM on 3 October 1980 on the evening of Shabbat and day of Jewish celebration of Sim'hat Torah.
- Tom Fox: American activist (d. 2006).
- 58th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Doris Hart beats Shirley Fry (61 60)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?