Monday 8 April 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alec Stewart and Erica Terwillegar in Nelsonville.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to He's So Fine by The Chiffons.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Bye Bye Birdie, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meine Frau Susanne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1963!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1963 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Alec Stewart: English cricketer.
- Erica Terwillegar in Nelsonville: New Jersey, USA; lugist.
- Julian Lennon: British song writer, musician, singer and noted family, the son of John Lennon and his first wife, Cynthia.
- Jean-Pierre Treiber: French gamekeeper, mysterious man with auburn hair and right eye half closed, suspected to be the murderer of Géraldine Giraud, actress, and her friend Katia Lherbier, poisoned by chloropicrine.
- Terry Porter: American basketball player and coach.
- Donita Sparks: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (L7 and Donita Sparks and the Stellar Moments)
- Tine Asmundsen: Norwegian bassist
- Seth Tobias: American financial commentator (d. 2007)
- 35th Academy Awards - Lawrence of Arabia, Anne Bancroft and Gregory Peck win.
- Tigers claim young pitcher Denny McLain from the White Sox for $25,000
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 April 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- The Orlons - South Street
- Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World
- Jackie Wilson - Baby Workout
- Ruby and the Romantics - Our Day Will Come
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
- Paul & Paula - Young Lovers
- Dee Dee Sharp - Do The Bird
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?