Tuesday 8 April 2003
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to In Da Club by 50 Cent.
In UK Beautiful by Christina Aguilera was in the top 5 hits.
Holes, directed by Andrew Davis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Jester by James Patterson and Andrew Gross was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Most Extreme Elimination Challenge.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing BlowOut or Disney's Hide and Sneak.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 2003!
Which were the important events of 8 April 2003 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 April
- U.N. International Atomic Energy Agency chief Mohamed ElBaradei reiterates a statement he made on March 31, to which the United States has yet to respond, that only the UN IAEA has a mandate to search out and destroy any nuclear weapons or parts of a nuclear weapons program found in Iraq.
- Hong Kong health officials say that spread of severe acute respiratory syndrome may mean it is going to be around for a while. World Health Organization officials are cautiously optimistic that it can be contained.
- The Iraqi ambassador to the Arab League, Mohsen Khalil, announces that ampquotIraq has now already achieved victorynbsp– apart from some technicalities.ampquot
- Deaths of three journalists in Baghdad: Two American air to surface missiles hit the Qatar satellite station Al Jazeera's office in Baghdad and kill a reporter and wound a cameraman. U.S. Officials said that the offices were not targeted, but were right next to the Iraqi Ministry of Information building which was a target. The nearby office of Arab satellite channel Abu Dhabi is also hit by air strikes. Al Jazeera accuses the U.S. of attacking Arab media to hide facts. On the same day a U.S.
- Baseball Hall of Fame president Dale Petroskey cancels a planned celebration for the 15th anniversary of ampquot''Bull Durham''.ampquot Petroskey cites recent comments made by film co-stars Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon as potential dangers to U.S. troops in Iraq. The celebration was to take place April 26 and 27.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 April 2003
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Auxerre - Sedan : 3 - 1
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Burnley - Preston : 2 - 0
- Crystal Palace - Watford : 0 - 1
- Grimsby - Wolves : 0 - 1
- Leicester - Nott'm Forest : 1 - 0
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Cheltenham - Luton : 2 - 2
- Stranraer - Stenhousemuir : 0 - 1
- Wycombe - Cardiff : 0 - 4
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Rochdale - Bristol Rvs : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?