Tuesday April 08, 2003
US date format: 4/8/2003, UK date format: 8/4/2003
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see zodiac on April 8, 2003). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to In Da Club by 50 Cent.
In UK Make Luv by Room 5 featuring Oliver Cheatham was in the top 5 hits.
X2, directed by Bryan Singer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The King of Torts by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Astro Boy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg or Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 08, 2003?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- U.N. International Atomic Energy Agency chief Mohamed ElBaradei reiterates a statement he made on March 31, to which the United States has yet to respond, that only the UN IAEA has a mandate to search out and destroy any nuclear weapons or parts of a nuclear weapons program found in Iraq.
- Hong Kong health officials say that spread of severe acute respiratory syndrome may mean it is going to be around for a while. World Health Organization officials are cautiously optimistic that it can be contained.
- The Iraqi ambassador to the Arab League, Mohsen Khalil, announces that ampquotIraq has now already achieved victorynbsp– apart from some technicalities.ampquot
- Deaths of three journalists in Baghdad: Two American air to surface missiles hit the Qatar satellite station Al Jazeera's office in Baghdad and kill a reporter and wound a cameraman. U.S. Officials said that the offices were not targeted, but were right next to the Iraqi Ministry of Information building which was a target. The nearby office of Arab satellite channel Abu Dhabi is also hit by air strikes. Al Jazeera accuses the U.S. of attacking Arab media to hide facts. On the same day a U.S.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 08, 2003?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Top #5 Latin songs
- Ricky Martin - Tal Vez
- Conjunto Primavera - Una Vez Mas
- Alexandre Pires - Amame
- Los Tigres del Norte - Mi Soldado
- A.B. Quintanilla III & Kumbia Kings Feat. Juan Gabriel & El Gran Silencio - No Tengo Dinero
Sport Games on April 08, 2003
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Auxerre - Sedan : 3 - 1
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Burnley - Preston : 2 - 0
- Crystal Palace - Watford : 0 - 1
- Grimsby - Wolves : 0 - 1
- Leicester - Nott'm Forest : 1 - 0
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Cheltenham - Luton : 2 - 2
- Stranraer - Stenhousemuir : 0 - 1
- Wycombe - Cardiff : 0 - 4
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Rochdale - Bristol Rvs : 1 - 1
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in April 2003?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $35.00
- Apple AAPL: opens at $14.51
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $25.31
- General Electric GE: opens at $27.95
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $80.62
- 1 USD = 119.86 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.4662 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.3867 CHF
- 1 EUR = 128.36 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6891 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on April 08, 2003?
On April 08, 2003 the day of the week was Tuesday.
What zodiac sign is April 08, 2003?
On April 08, 2003 the zodiac sign was Aries.
Who was the US President on April 08, 2003?
On April 08, 2003 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on April 08, 2003?
On April 08, 2003 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on April 08, 2003?
On April 08, 2003 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
What was the number one song in April 08, 2003?
The number one song in the week of April 08, 2003 was In Da Club by 50 Cent in US and Make Luv by Room 5 featuring Oliver Cheatham in UK.
What were the top hits on April 08, 2003?
The top hits on April 08, 2003 were In Da Club by 50 Cent, Ignition by R. Kelly, Get Busy by Sean Paul in US and Make Luv by Room 5 featuring Oliver Cheatham, Spirit In The Sky by Gareth Gates & The Kumars, In Da Club by 50 Cent in UK.