Sunday 21 April 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Cameron Mitchell in El Paso and Ken Caminiti in Hanford.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to He's So Fine by The Chiffons.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
The Day of the Triffids, directed by Steve Sekely, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Curd Jürgens erzählt....
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 April 1963!
Which were the important events of 21 April 1963 ?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- Saint Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Texas-San Jacinto Day
- Grounation Day in Rastafari movement.
- Sunni Islam - Mawlid, Prophet Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Roman Empire - the Parilia was held in honor of Pales.
- Bah�'f Faith - First day of the festival of Ridv�n.
- Tiradentes - Brazil.
- John Cameron Mitchell in El Paso: Texas, USA; actor (Misplaced, Band of the Hand).
- Ken Caminiti in Hanford: California, USA; infielder (San Diego Padres).
- John Mitchell: American award-winning actor, writer and director, best known for his films Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2001), Shortbus (2006) and Rabbit Hole (2010).
- Johnny McElhone: Scottish rock musician with the band Texas, playing with Ali McErlaine and Sharleen Spiteri.
- Rocky Santiago: American minor actor in small roles; his prior career was that of a male stripper.
- Beatles meet Rolling Stones for 1st time
- The Universal House of Justice of the Baha'i Faith is elected for the first time.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 April 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
- Jackie Wilson - Baby Workout
- Paul & Paula - Young Lovers
- The Orlons - South Street
- The Cookies - Don't Say Nothin' Bad (About My Baby)
- Chantay's - Pipeline
- Dee Dee Sharp - Do The Bird
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?