Tuesday 8 August 2000US date format: 8/8/2000, UK date format: 8/8/2000
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 8, 2000). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dylan Douglas and Conjoined Twins.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Incomplete by Sisqo.
In UK 7 Days by Craig David was in the top 5 hits.
Sunset Strip, directed by Adam Collis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2000
while Omerta by Mario Puzo was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gillette Soccer Saturday.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers or Deus Ex.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 August 2000
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 2000!
Which were the important events of 8 August 2000 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Dylan Douglas: American noted family, the son of Catherine Zeta-Jones, 30, her first child, 7 lbs.
- Conjoined Twins: British-born conjoined twins delivered by Caesarean section and joined at the abdomen with their spines fused.
- An unknown ship dumps oil off the South Florida coast, creating an oil slick covering 24km of beaches.
- Confederate submarine H.L. Hunley is raised to the surface after 136 years on the ocean floor and 30 years after its discovery by undersea explorer E. Lee Spence and 5 years after being filmed by a dive team funded by novelist Clive Cussler.
- The Confederate submarine ''H.L. Hunley'' is raised to the surface after 136 years on the ocean floor.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2000 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 Latin songs
- Jurame - Gisselle
- A Puro Dolor - Son By Four
- Muy Dentro De Mi [You Sang To Me] - Marc Anthony
- Joan Sebastian - Secreto de Amor
- Imaginame Sin Ti [Imagine Me Without You] - Luis Fonsi
- Si Te Vas - Alejandro Fernandez
- Francisco Cespedes - Donde Esta La Vida
- Por Siempre Tu [I Turn To You] - Christina Aguilera
- Yo Se Que Te Acordaras - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Gloria Estefan - Como Me Duele Perderte
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $89.06
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $45.38
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $60.94
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $115.30
- 1 JPY = 1.57 CHF
- 1 JPY = 0.61 GBP
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?