Wednesday 16 March 1910
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aladar Gerevich and Martijn Lijnema.
The Tenderfoot, directed by Ray Enright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 March 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1910!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1910 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Aladar Gerevich: Hungary -- Sabres (1948 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Martijn Lijnema: Boer / resistance fighter (WWII).
- Norman Wooland: Dusseldorf, Germany -- Actor (Hamlet).
- Andrew Miller-Jones: British TV pioneer.
- Barney Oldfield sets land speed record of 131.7 mph at Daytona.