Wednesday 16 March 1910
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aladar Gerevich and Martijn Lijnema.
while Simon the Jester by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1910!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 March 1910 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Aladar Gerevich: Hungary -- Sabres (1948 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Martijn Lijnema: Boer / resistance fighter (WWII).
- Norman Wooland: Dusseldorf, Germany -- Actor (Hamlet).
- Andrew Miller-Jones: British TV pioneer.
- Barney Oldfield sets land speed record of 131.7 mph at Daytona.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Emmaline - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- You Ain't Talking to Me - Eddie Morton
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?