Friday 8 July 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ralf Altmeyer and Shadlog Bernicke.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Paperback Writer by The Beatles.
In UK Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Torn Curtain, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dark Shadows.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1966 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Ralf Altmeyer: German-Chinese virologist and academic.
- Shadlog Bernicke: Nauruan politician.
- Suzanne Krull: American actress (d. 2013).
- Mike Nawrocki: American voice actor animator producer and screenwriter co-founded Big Idea Entertainment.
- US airline strike (until August 19th)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- Syndicate Of Sound - Little Girl
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- The Association - Along Comes Mary
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?