Saturday 9 July 1966
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Amélie Nothomb and Pauline Davis-Thompson.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Paperback Writer by The Beatles.
In UK Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Torn Curtain, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Tell No Man by Adela Rogers St. Johns was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dark Shadows.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1966!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 July 1966 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Amélie Nothomb: Belgian writer who writes in French.
- Pauline Davis-Thompson
- Aircraft accident of the S7 Airlines Flight 778
- Gaël Séjourné
- Nicolas Perruchot: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France.
- Gillian Blakeney: Australian actress and singer.
- Zheng Cao: Chinese-American soprano and actress (d. 2013).
- Marco Pennette: American screenwriter and producer.
- Justin Fonda: American cameraman, the son of actor Peter Fonda and brother of actress Bridget Fonda.
- Steve Tierney: American actor, noted family, the son of former actor Edward Tierney, nephew of actors Scott Brady and Lawrence Tierney, and brother of actor/director/porn star Michael Tierney, known as "Joe Blow".
- Pamela Adlon: American actress producer and screenwriter.
- Gayle Blakeney: Australian actress and singer.
- 95th British Golf Open: Jack Nicklaus shoots 282 at Muirfield Gullane
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- Syndicate Of Sound - Little Girl
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- The Association - Along Comes Mary
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?