Sunday 3 July 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robin Burgener and Moises Alou.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra.
In UK Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
The Sword of Doom, directed by Kihachi Okamoto, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dark Shadows.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1966 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Robin Burgener: Canadian programmer, inventor of 20Q.
- Moises Alou: American baseball player, a left fielder for the Houston Astros.
- Sandra Lee: Chef.
- Moisés Alou: American baseball player.
- Brave pitcher Tony Cloninger, is 1st NL to hit 2 grand slams in a game
- Race riots in Omaha, Nebraska, USA.
- Rene Barrientos is elected president of Bolivia.
- North Vietnam declares general mobilization.
- American President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Freedom of Information Act, which goes into effect the following year.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 July 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?