Wednesday 13 July 1966US date format: 7/13/1966, UK date format: 13/7/1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 13, 1966). The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Myong Hui and Tamsin Greig.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hanky Panky by Tommy James and the Shondells.
In UK Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
The Wild Angels, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Tell No Man by Adela Rogers St. Johns was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chain Letter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 July 1966
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 13 July 1966 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- Tamsin Greig: Actress.
- Myong Hui: Choe in North Korea; gymnist...
- Gil Birmingham: American actor.
- Gerald Levert: American R&B singer (d. 2006).
- Natalia Luis-Bassa: Venezuelan-English conductor and...
- Richard Speck, murders 8 nurses in Chicago
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Association - Along Comes Mary
- Syndicate Of Sound - Little Girl
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Hungry
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Temptations - Ain't Too Proud To Beg
- Ray Charles - Let's Go Get Stoned
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- Sam & Dave - Hold On! I'm A Comin'
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
- Bobby Bland - Good Time Charlie
- Jimmy Hughes - Neighbor, Neighbor
- (I'm A) Road Runner - Jr. Walker & The All Stars
- Stevie Wonder - With A Child's Heart
- Otis Redding - My Lover's Prayer
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?