Monday 11 July 1966US date format: 7/11/1966, UK date format: 11/7/1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1966). The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cheb Mami and Greg Grunberg.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hanky Panky by Tommy James and the Shondells.
In UK Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
The Wild Angels, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chain Letter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1966
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1966 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Cheb Mami: Algerian singer, popular for his duets...
- Greg Grunberg: American actor and producer.
- Rod Strickland: NBA guard (Portland Trail Blazers,...
- Debbe Dunning: American actress.
- Ricky Warwick: Northern Irish musician (The Almighty...
- Mick Molloy: Australian actor producer and...
- Doug TenNapel: Artist.
- Bo Sanchez: Filipino minister and author.
- Butch Reid: Horse trainer.
- Mel Appleby: rocker (Mel and Kim - "Coming to...
- Nadeem Aslam: Pakistani-English author.
- Kentaro Miura: Japanese author and illustrator.
- Delmore Schwartz: United States -- Poet / short story...
- The 1966 FIFA World Cup begins in England.
- Indira Gandhi visits Moscow.
- Zambia threatens to leave the Commonwealth of Nations because of British peace overtures to Rhodesia.
- Israeli and Syrian jet fighters clash over the Jordan River.
- Richard Speck murders 8 student nurses in their Chicago dormitory. He is arrested on July 17.
- Gwynfor Evans becomes member of Parliament for Carmarthen, the first Plaid Cymru MP in the UK.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Association - Along Comes Mary
- Syndicate Of Sound - Little Girl
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Hungry
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Temptations - Ain't Too Proud To Beg
- Ray Charles - Let's Go Get Stoned
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- Sam & Dave - Hold On! I'm A Comin'
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
- Bobby Bland - Good Time Charlie
- Jimmy Hughes - Neighbor, Neighbor
- (I'm A) Road Runner - Jr. Walker & The All Stars
- Stevie Wonder - With A Child's Heart
- Otis Redding - My Lover's Prayer
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?