Wednesday 20 July 1966US date format: 7/20/1966, UK date format: 20/7/1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 20, 1966). The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stone Gossard and Enrique Peña Nieto.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hanky Panky by Tommy James and the Shondells.
In UK Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
One of Our Spies Is Missing, directed by E. Darrell Hallenbeck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chain Letter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1966
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1966 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Stone Gossard: American singer-songwriter and guitarist...
- Enrique Peña Nieto
- Tracey Mcfarlane: US breaststroke swimmer (US record...
- Anton du Beke: British ballroom dancer.
- Enrique Pena Nieto: American politician.
- Beth Coats: Albuquerque, New Mexico -- Biathelete...
- Enrique Nieto: World Leader.
- Agot Isidro: Filipino actress and singer.
- Anton Beke: Dancer.
- Mike Pero: Picton, Ontario -- Canadian Tour golfer...
- Julien Carette: Dies of burns at 68.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Lil' Red Riding Hood - Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs
- Crispian St. Peters - The Pied Piper
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Hungry
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- I Saw Her Again - The Mamas and The Papas
- Tommy Roe - Sweet Pea
Top #10 R&B songs
- Ray Charles - Let's Go Get Stoned
- The Temptations - Ain't Too Proud To Beg
- Sam & Dave - Hold On! I'm A Comin'
- Jimmy Hughes - Neighbor, Neighbor
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
- Bobby Bland - Good Time Charlie
- The Platters - I Love You 1000 Times
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- With A Child's Heart - Stevie Wonder
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?