Monday 8 June 1987
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Coralie Balmy and Issiar Dia.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Always by Atlantic Starr.
In UK I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
The Witches of Eastwick, directed by George Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Misery by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vreme za pat.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The 3-D Battles of WorldRunner or Death or Glory.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1987!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1987 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Coralie Balmy: French swimmer.
- Issiar Dia: Senegalese footballer.
- Samantha Saint: American porn actress and model.
- 21st Music City News Country Awards: Randy Travis
- The New Zealand Nuclear Free Zone, Disarmament, and Arms Control Act is passed, the first of its kind in the world.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 June 1987
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Atlantic Starr - Always
- Kim Wilde - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Head To Toe
- Genesis - In Too Deep
- Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)
- Chris DeBurgh - The Lady In Red
- Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead Or Alive
- Herb Alpert - Diamonds
- U2 - With Or Without You
- Smokey Robinson - Just To See Her
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?