Saturday 8 May 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 8, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michele Sindona and Saul Bass.
Snowbound, directed by Ruben Preuss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 May 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1920 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Michele Sindona: Italian-American banker and adviser who took refuge in the U.S.
- Saul Bass: American graphic designer and filmmaker (d. 1996).
- Fort Worth (Texas)
- Sloan Wilson: American author and poet (d. 2003).
- Édouard Will: French historian, who taught Greek history at the University of Nancy from 1955 to 1984 and directed the documentation center on the ancient Mediterranean world until 1985.
- Paul Maugain: Arc sous Cicon Journalist.
- Sloan Wilson Norwalk Connecticut: novelist (Man in the Gray Flannel Suit).
- Gordon McClymont: Australian ecologist and academic (d. 2000).
- Tom of Finland : Finnish illustrator (d. 1991).
- Maurice Cranston: political scientist.
- Tom of Finland: Finnish fetish artist (d. 1991).
- Dionisio Diaz: Child protagonist of a heroic deed, embodied in the Uruguayan oral tradition.
- 46th Kentucky Derby: Ted Rice aboard Paul Jones wins in 2:09.