Saturday 8 May 1920US date format: 5/8/1920, UK date format: 8/5/1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 8, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Michele Sindona and Saul Bass.
The Toll Gate, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 May 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1920 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Michele Sindona: Italian-American banker and adviser who...
- Saul Bass: American graphic designer and filmmaker...
- Fort Worth (Texas)
- Sloan Wilson: American author and poet (d. 2003).
- Dionisio Diaz: Child protagonist of a heroic deed,...
- Édouard Will: French historian, who taught Greek...
- Anthony Storr: Author.
- Tom of Finland : Finnish illustrator (d. 1991).
- Gordon McClymont: Australian ecologist and academic (d....
- Paul Maugain: Arc sous Cicon Journalist.
- Sloan Wilson Norwalk Connecticut: novelist (Man in the Gray Flannel Suit).
- Maurice Cranston: political scientist.
- Tom of Finland: Finnish fetish artist (d. 1991).
- 46th Kentucky Derby: Ted Rice aboard Paul Jones wins in 2:09.