Saturday 8 May 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Keith in Knoxville and Pat Meyers.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Three Coins in the Fountain, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vampira Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1954 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- David Keith in Knoxville: Tennessee, USA; actor (Back Roads, Firestarter).
- Pat Meyers: LPGA golfer.
- Stephen Furst: American actor.
- Eben Gossage: American heir upon the death of his wealthy parents by the time he was 20.
- Pam Arciero: American puppeteer and voice actress.
- David Keith: American actor and director
- John Talbot: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Mason Proffit)
- Asian Football Confederation (AFC) was formed in Manila, Philippines.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 May 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Happy Wanderer - Henri Rene & His Orchestra
- Crew-Cuts - Crazy 'Bout Ya Baby
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?