Tuesday 4 May 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pia Zadora and Julie Budd in Brooklyn.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Three Coins in the Fountain, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Fire In The Ashes by Theodore Harold White was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vampira Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1954 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Pia Zadora: American actress.
- Julie Budd in Brooklyn: New York, USA; singer (Child of Plenty).
- Robert Michael Snyder: American author and convicted sex offender.
- Ryan Cayabyab: Filipino pianist composer and conductor.
- US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Bikini Island.
- General Alfredo Stroessner seizes power in a coup d'état in Paraguay.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Happy Wanderer - Frank Weir & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?