Wednesday 19 May 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rick Cerone in Newark and Harvey Reid.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Johnny Guitar, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vampira Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1954!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1954 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Rick Cerone in Newark: New Jersey, USA; catcher (New York Yankees/Boston Red Sox/New York Mets/Montreal Expos).
- Harvey Reid: American musician.
- Rick Cerone: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Nükhet Duru: Turkish singer and actress.
- Hōchū Ōtsuka: Japanese voice actor.
- Phil Rudd: Australian-New Zealand drummer (AC/DC and Buster Brown)
- Postmaster General Summerfield approves US Central Intelligence Agency mail-opening project.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 May 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?