Sunday 16 May 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Janet Maw and [Dafydd] Rhys Williams in Saskatoon.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Le Plaisir, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Man Who Never Was by Ewen Montagu was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vampira Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1954!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1954 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Janet Maw: Actress (Sparrow, King John, Mayor of Casterbridge).
- [Dafydd] Rhys Williams in Saskatoon: Saskatchewan, Canada; MD/astronaut (STS 90).
- Daniel Goossens: French cartoonist, who has worked for the magazines Pionniers, Pilote, Fluide Glacial, Le Petit Psikopat Illustré and Rigolo.
- Cliff Kincaid: American editor of the AIM Report, a twice-monthly newsletter published by Accuracy in Media, a non-profit news media watchdog.
- Dafydd Williams: Canadian physician and astronaut.
- WGAN (now WGME) TV channel 13 in Portland, ME (CBS) 1st broadcast
- Ted Williams gets eight hits in first game (designated hitter) since breaking collarbone.
- Babe Didrikson-Zaharias wins LPGA National Capital Golf Open.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?