Friday 14 May 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 14, 1954). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Marie Teno and Jens Sparschuh.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Dial M for Murder, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Never Victorious, Never Defeated by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fast and Loose.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1954!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1954 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Jean-Marie Teno
- Jens Sparschuh: German writer.
- Joseph McLaughlin: American crime case, a former real-estate developer who was convicted in May 1998 of hiring a hit man to commit murder.
- Heinz Guderian: German Commander of the Sixteenth Army Corp and Commander in Chief of all Panzer troops.
- Belgium shortens military conscription from 20 to 18 months.
- The Boeing 707 is released after about two years of development.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?