Thursday 27 May 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pauline Hanson and Robert Redeker.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Dial M for Murder, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Mind Alive by Harry Allen Overstreet and Bonaro W. Overstreet was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vampira Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
What the sky looked like on 27 May 1954
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 27 May 1954. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1954!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1954 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Pauline Hanson: Australian politician and former leader of One Nation, a right-wing political party with a populist, conservative and anti-multiculturalism platform, founded by her in 1997.
- Robert Redeker: French writer and philosophy teacher.
- Lawrence M Krauss
- Catherine Carr: US breaststroke swimmer (1972 Olympics - 2 Gold Medals).
- Jackie Slater: American football player and coach.
- Herzmanovsky-Orlando: Writer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?