Sunday 11 March 1956US date format: 3/11/1956, UK date format: 11/3/1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 11, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include D J MacHale and Curtis L Brown Jr in Elizabethtown.
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Never Was, directed by Ronald Neame, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Surprised By Joy by C.S. Lewis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 March 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1956 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- Curtis L Brown Jr in Elizabethtown: North Carolina, USA; Major US Air...
- D J MacHale: American author and television writer.
- Pascal Jumel: French policeman turned gang leader, a...
- Rob Paulsen: American voice actor.
- Willie Banks: American triple jumper.
- Curtis Brown: American colonel pilot and astronaut.
- Joey Buttafuoco: American statutory rapist.
- Helen Rollason: British sports journalist and television...
- Sergey Nikiforovich Vasilenko: Russian opera composer, dies at age 83.
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA Titleholders Golf Championship.
- After having opened in London the previous year, Laurence Olivier's film, ''Richard III'', adapted from Shakespeare's play, has its U.S. premiere in theatres and on NBC Television on the same day. On TV it is not shown in prime time, but as an afternoon matinée, in a slightly cut version. It is one of the first such experiments of its kind. Olivier is later nominated for an Oscar for his performance.
- 96 U.S. Congressmen sign the Southern Manifesto, a protest against the 1954 Supreme Court ruling (''Brown v. Board of Education'') that desegregated public education.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes above 500 for the first time rising 2.40 points, or 0.48%, to 500.24.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?