Sunday 12 May 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julius Rosenberg and Donald Ballard.
Old Wives for New, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Dere Mable by Edward Streeter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1918!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1918 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Julius Rosenberg: NYC, 1st US civilian executed for espionage at 37.
- Donald Ballard: American business administrator and noted family, the son of the founders of the religious cult, "The Mighty I Am.
- Mary Kay Ash: American entrepreneur (Born 1915).
- Oscar Beregi Jr: Hungary -- Actor (Young Frankenstein, Panic in City).
- Mary Ash: American businesswoman and founder of Mary Kay Inc.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- In the Land O Yamo Yamo - Van & Schenck
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag - Oscar Seagle & Columbia Stellar Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?