Saturday 8 October 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marcelo Monteverde .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.
The Artist, directed by Michel Hazanavicius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Carnation.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion or Cities XL 2012.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 8 October 2011 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Marcelo Monteverde: American member of noted family, he is the second child and first son of actress Ali Landry and her husband, director Alejandro Monteverde.
- 2011 Libyan civil war: After a lengthy and bloody siege, National Transitional Council forces approach the center of the city of Sirte, facing heavy resistance from troops loyal to the ousted dictator Muammar Gaddafi. (Channel 4 News)
- Rocket fire and gunshots are reported in the Afghan city of Kandahar. (Xinhua)
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees opens a new refugee camp in western Ethiopia for refugees from Sudan and South Sudan. (BNO News)
- Indonesian police arrest four people in connection with the suicide bombing of a mosque in Cirebon, West Java. (''Jakarta Post'')
- In horse racing, the Australian mare Black Caviar ties the record set by Phar Lap for consecutive victories,with an unbeaten run of 14 wins. (ABC News Australia)
- In rugby league, Leeds Rhinos win the European Super League Grand Final at Old Trafford by defeating St Helens 32-16. (BBC)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 October 2011
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?