Friday 8 October 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ben Amonette and Julien Baer.
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
White Christmas, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while A Philosophy For Our Time by Bernard M. Baruch was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Donald O'Connor Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1954!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1954 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Ben Amonette: Radford, Virginia -- Free pistol (1992, 96 Olympics).
- Julien Baer: French singer, songwriter and composer of original films soundtracks.
- Thierry Corcos: French cardiologist.
- Michael Dudikoff: American actor.
- Huub Rothengatter: Dutch race car driver and manager.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?