Wednesday 8 October 2003
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, directed by Marcus Nispel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Benjamin Franklin by Walter Isaacson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Secret Life of....
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cafe Little Wish or Apocalyptica.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 2003!
Which were the important events of 8 October 2003 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 October
- Nobel Prize: The Nobel Prize in Chemistry is awarded jointly to Peter Agre and Roderick MacKinnon for discoveries concerning aquaporins and ion channels in cell membranes.
- California recall: Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger wins the election with 48.6% after voters decide to recall California Governor Gray Davis. Schwarzenegger's closest rival was the Democratic Lieutenant Governor Cruz Bustamante, with 31.7%.
- Surveillance: The FBI admits that hidden listening devices planted in the office of the Mayor of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, were placed there by FBI agents. It is currently not known if the Mayor of Philadelphia is a target of an investigation nor is there any details provided about the nature of the probe that the device was part of. A law enforcement official cautions that the presence of the listening devices does not necessarily mean that the mayor, himself, is under investigation.
- Palestinians: Yasser Arafat has suffered a mild heart attack. Palestinian leadership officials tried to hide condition of the president. ampquot''Although he has had a slight heart attack, the doctors say he will make a full recovery. He is in full control. There is nothing to worry about'',ampquot states close aide to Arafat. Officials state that it would ampquot''have created panic at a critical time when the Israelis are threatening Arafat's life''ampquot.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 October 2003
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Ascoli - Genoa : 0 - 1
- Atalanta - Venezia : 0 - 0
- Livorno - Messina : 3 - 0
- Palermo - Piacenza : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?