Thursday 8 September 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 8, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.
50/50, directed by Jonathan Levine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while A Dance With Dragons by George R. R. Martin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dark Matters: Twisted But True.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Achron or Everybody's Golf 6.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 September 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 2011!
Which were the important events of 8 September 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 September
- North Caucasus insurgency/Ingushetia civil war:
- Six people are killed and at least three injured in a series of raids by Russian forces on suspected militants in the North Caucasus. (Monsters and Critics)
- Over 2,600 people are classified as missing in the North Caucasus. (''Interfax'')
- United States counterterrorism officials investigate reports of a potential terrorist threat against either New York City or Washington DC, linked to the 10th anniversary of the September 11 attacks on Sunday. (''New York Times'')
- Unemployment in Australia is reported to have risen to 5.3% in August 2011. (Market Watch)
- 2011 Northeastern United States floods following Tropical Storm Lee:
- The National Weather Service issues flash flooding warnings for the states of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Maryland and Virginia. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- More than 12 inches (30 cm) of rain falls in the region surrounding the capital of Harrisburg, causing heavy flooding and evacuations. (Reuters)
- 115,000 people are ordered to evacuate from the city of Wilkes-Barre and Kingston as flood waters threaten the levees along the Susquehanna River in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania. (''The Times Leader'')
- Heavy rains and rockslides close the Schuylkill Expressway, a major artery into Philadelphia. (FOX Philly)
- Pennsylvania closes and evacuates the Pennsylvania Governor's Residence and the state government is suspended. (''Patriot-News'')
- The death toll in Japan from Typhoon Talas reaches 54, with 55 people still missing. (Kyodo via ''Japan Times'')
- A blackout in southern California, Arizona and Baja California in Mexico caused by the loss of the entire San Diego Gas Electric system leads to the closure of San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station and the loss of power to more than two million people. (AP via ''Arizona Star'')
- Tropical Storm Nate causes heavy rain on Mexico's Atlantic Ocean coast. (NHC)
- Secretary General Tuiloma Neroni Slade is reappointed to a second, three-year term as head of the Pacific Islands Forum. (''Fiji Times'')
- Up to 40,000 public sector workers gather in the Australian city of Sydney to protest a wages cap and job cuts in the 2011-12 budget proposed by the Government of the State of New South Wales. (''Daily Telegraph'')
- President of the United States Barack Obama delivers a speech to a joint session of both houses of Congress, putting forward a new job-creation plan entailing major spending initiatives and tax cuts. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Former President of Vietnam Vo Chi Cong dies in Ho Chi Minh City at the age of 99. (AP via ''Hindustan Times'')
- In American football, the 2011 NFL season begins, with the Green Bay Packers playing the New Orleans Saints at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin with the Packers winning a shootout 42–34. (''The Sports Network'' via ''The Sacramento Bee'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Quickie - Miguel
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
- Marvins Room - Drake
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
Top #10 Latin songs
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- You - Romeo Santos
- Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO Featuring Lauren Bennett & GoonRock
- Amor Clandestino - Mana
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Lowlife - Theory Of A Deadman
- Not Again - Staind
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- Up All Night - Blink-182
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.41
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $89.09
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $72.43
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $24.35
- 1 CHF = 7.2925 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.453 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8841 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.755 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?