Tuesday 9 November 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger McCough and Roger McGough.
The Last Gangster, directed by Edward Ludwig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while And So-Victoria by Vaughan Wilkins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Intimate Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1937!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1937 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Roger McCough: British poet.
- Roger McGough: English poet.
- Cliff Bole: American director and producer.
- Donald Trelford: English journalist and academic.
- Clyde Wells: Canadian lawyer and politician 5th Premier of Newfoundland.
- Ramsay MacDonald: Scottish leader of the Labour Party who also was the Opposition in the House of Commons.
- Japans army conquers Shanghai
- St. Louis Cardinals Triple Crown winner Joe Medwick is named NL MVP
- Japanese troops take control of Shanghai, China.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?