Saturday 9 January 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Guérin and Jean-Pierre Cote.
Alice's Balloon Race, directed by Walt Disney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1926!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1926 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Jean-Pierre Cote: Canadian politician, Lieutenant governor of Quebec (d. 2002).
- Roger Guérin: French jazz musician, he played trumpet with greats like Dizzy Gillespie, Django Reinhardt, Miles Davis and Louis Armstrong.
- John Hendee: American accountant, teller, credit analyst and CEO of Firstar, a financial institution that added $2.
- Jean-Pierre Côté: Canadian lawyer and politician 23rd Lieutenant Governor of Quebec (d. 2002).
- Sydney Lotterby: English director and producer.