Saturday 9 January 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Cote and Roger Guérin.
The Sea Beast, directed by Millard Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1926!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1926 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Jean-Pierre Cote: Canadian politician, Lieutenant governor of Quebec (d. 2002).
- Roger Guérin: French jazz musician, he played trumpet with greats like Dizzy Gillespie, Django Reinhardt, Miles Davis and Louis Armstrong.
- John Hendee: American accountant, teller, credit analyst and CEO of Firstar, a financial institution that added $2.
- Jean-Pierre Côté: Canadian lawyer and politician 23rd Lieutenant Governor of Quebec (d. 2002).
- Sydney Lotterby: English director and producer.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 January 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?