Saturday 9 January 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 9, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Guérin and Jean-Pierre Cote.
Alice's Balloon Race, directed by Walt Disney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1926!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1926 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Jean-Pierre Cote: Canadian politician, Lieutenant governor of Quebec (d. 2002).
- Roger Guérin: French jazz musician, he played trumpet with greats like Dizzy Gillespie, Django Reinhardt, Miles Davis and Louis Armstrong.
- John Hendee: American accountant, teller, credit analyst and CEO of Firstar, a financial institution that added $2.
- Jean-Pierre Côté: Canadian lawyer and politician 23rd Lieutenant Governor of Quebec (d. 2002).
- Sydney Lotterby: English director and producer.