Monday 9 January 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 9, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Garnier and Domenico Modugno.
Dress Parade, directed by Donald Crisp, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1928 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Pierre Garnier: French poet, journalist, teacher, essayist, and translator.
- Domenico Modugno: Italian singer and songwriter who took top prize at the 1958 San Remo music festival for the song "Nel Blu, Dipinto Di Blu," a song know as, "Volare," in the U.S.
- Judith Krantz: American best-selling author of popular fiction books, several of which have been made into TV movies, "Scruples," "Princess Daisy" and "Mistral's Daughter.
- Judith Krantz in New York City: New York, USA; author (Scruples, I'll Take Manhattan, Princess Daisy, Dazzle).
- Fernand J Saint Germain American politician (Representative-Democrat-Rhode Island: 1961-).