Tuesday 9 January 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Crystal Gayle and Michel Barnier.
Storm Warning, directed by Stuart Heisler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Faith Baldwin Romance Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1951
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1951!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1951 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Crystal Gayle: American country-western singer and noted family, the sister of Loretta Lynn.
- Michel Barnier: French politician, who was Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries from 2007-2009.
- M L Carr
- Crystal Gayle in Kentucky: USA; country singer ("Don't it make my brown eyes blue").
- M Carr: American basketball player and coach.
- Rosalyn Kind in Brooklyn: New York, USA; singer (half sister of Barbra Streisand).
- ML Carr: basketball player and coach.
- Life After Tomorrow, 1st film to receive an X rating, premieres
- Washington Capitals NBA club folds.
- The Government of the United Kingdom announces abandonment of the Tanganyika groundnut scheme for the cultivation of peanuts in the Tanganyika Territory with the writing off of £36.5M debt.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?