Wednesday 10 January 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kathleen Bradley in Youngstown and Pez Whatley.
Halls of Montezuma, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Life'S Picture History Of World War Ii by Time-Life was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Ryder.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1951!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1951 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Kathleen Bradley in Youngstown: Ohio, USA; model (The Price is Right).
- Pez Whatley: American wrestler (d. 2005).
- Rockwell Blake: American tenor and actor.
- Paul DiMaggio: American sociologist and academic.
- Alejandro Escovedo: American singer-songwriter.
- Nicolas Philibert: French actor and director
- Athos Palma: Composer, dies at 59.
- Harry Sinclair Lewis: US writer (Nobel Prize 1930), dies at age 65.
- Sinclair Lewis: American writer, novelist and Nobel Prize winner in 1930, the first American novelist to win a Nobel prize for literature.
- Yoshio Nishina: Japanese physicist and academic (d. 1951).
- 1st jet passenger trip made
- UN headquarters opens in Manhattan, New York
- United Nations headquarters opens in Manhattan, New York, USA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Frosty the Snowman - Nat King Cole Pete Rugolo & His Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?